Wednesday 26 March 2008

The future, our lives, our technology and our learning, a talk by Ewan McIntosh

The future, our lives, our technology and our learning, a talk by Ewan McIntosh

In his presentation at the Naace Strategic conference 2008, Ewan makes a few interesting points....

For example, Ewan does not believe that there is such a thing as a key influencer. He also thinks that institutions, such as the Qualifications and Curriculum Authority, are not as important as what I suppose might be called "People Power". I think there is something in that, definitely. I have thought for a long time that it's a pity that schools and teachers in the UK are so frightened by league tables that they are, on the whole, very reluctant to take any risks.

I thought the presentation itself was lively and provocative. I have to say I enjoyed it, even though I disagreed with some of it, such as the idea that there is no such thing as a tipping point or a key influencer.

Anyway, have a listen, and judge for yourself.

The podcast.

No comments: